Online Reservations

We guarantee our best price on our website

  • Secure transactions
  • Privacy policy for your personal data
  • Free cancelations
  • Free modifications
Available on iPhone

Our Special Offers

Actons Specials Online Reservations

Historical sites

  • Desmond Castle & the International Museum of Wine

    Desmond Castle was built by the Earl of Desmond c. 1500. A fine example of an urban tower house, the castle consists of a three storey keep with storehouses to the rear.

    Location: In Kinsale town, 300 metres from Garda (Police) barracks along Cork street. Close to Carmelite Friary.

    Bus Route(s): Contact Bus Eireann, Travel Centre +353 1 8366111.

    website
  • Church of St John the Baptist

    This church was built in 1839, and designed by Brother Michael Augustine who also built a number of the churches in Cork city. It had extensive work carried out in the past decade and has been returned to its original glory.

    website
  • Charles Fort

    The best-known historical attraction in Kinsale, Charles Fort, is on the road just beyond Summercove.
    It is open all year, and regular guided tours are available.

    Location:
    3km from Kinsale - turn off Cork-Kinsale road (R600) 2km from the town.

    website
  • James Fort

    Charles Fort is a classic example of a late 17th century star-shaped fort.

    Location: 3km from Kinsale - turn off Cork-Kinsale road (R600) 2km from the town.

    Bus Route(s): Contact Bus Eireann, Travel Centre +353 1 8366111.

    website
  • Ringfinnan Garden of Remembrance

    Kinsale Garden of Remembrance is dedicated to the memory of Fr. Michael Judge, Chaplain in the New York Fire Department and to the 343 brave fire fighters, who so courageously lost their lives in New York on September 11th 2001.

    To get to Ringfinnan from Kinsale, go past the Trident Hotel along the road road running parallel with the Bandon River in the direction of Cannon Duggan Bridge. At the bridge, turn left and go over the bridge, then take a right turn. After 200 yards, turn right up the hill to Ringfinnan following the signpost.

  • St. Multose Church

    Built in 1190, this church has remained in continuous use to the present day. Some interesting features include an inscription in Norman French, the Easter sepulchre, the Baptismal font, the carved memorials, and the reredos from the Galway chapel as well as the wooden Coat of Arms. 

  • The Courthouse & Regional Museum

    This building dates from about 1600, with additions in 1706 that included the frontage with loggia on the ground floor. Offices and a jury room were provided on the first floor, and part of the original building was converted into an interesting panelled courtroom.

    Town Center, Kinsale, Co. Cork, Ireland

{S_banner}